- The Perfect Storm: The closing space for LGBT civil society in Kyrgyzstan, Indonesia, Kenya, and Hungary. (GPP, July 2016)
- Challenging the Closing Space for Civil Society: A practical starting point for funders (Funders’ Initiative for Civil Society, May 2016)
- Closing Space: Democracy and Human Rights Support Under Fire. (Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2014)
- Closing Space and Fragility. (Fragility Study Group Policy Brief No.5, October 2016)
- Aid Barriers and the Rise of Philanthropic Protectionism. (International Journal of Not for Profit Law / vol. 17, no.1, March 2015)
- Responding to the Closing of Democratic Space. (Center for Strategic and International Studies, November 2015)
- Civicus Monitor: Tracking Civic Space Worldwide. (CIVICUS Findings Report, October 2016)
- GPP Research
- Member Research
- Reference List
Report available in English, Spanish, and French
Funders’ Initiative for Civil Society, May 2020
American Jewish World Services
As ethno-nationalist and fascist movements grow strange bedfellows are working together to roll back human rights.
Resources for understanding and resisting “anti-gender ideology.”
GPP, noviembre 2018
GPP, November 2018
GPP is proud to partner with our members Open Society Foundations and American Jewish World Services on the newly selected Opening Plenary at the upcoming 2018 FCAA AIDS Philanthropy Summit.
New report: Mapping Digital Landscapes of Trans Activism in Central Asia and Eastern Europe (CAEE) by Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice and Transgender Europe (TGEU).
ICNL Releases New Study on the Impact of Closing Civic Space on HIV Response.
Urgent Action Fund
International Human Rights Law Clinic University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
Using family as a frame in social justice activism: A guide for activists and funders in Europe
Authors: Alice Coffin, Evelyne Paradis, Gordan Bosanac, Gráinne Healy, Julia Ehrt, Matthew Hart, Nicky McIntyre, Pav Akhtar, Peter Matjašič, Susan Treadwell
Compiled by Bruno Selun, June 2017
On “shrinking space”: a framing paper
Transnational Institute (TNI), 07 April 2017
STUDY: The Impact of International Counter-terrorism on Civil Society Organisations
Understanding the role of the Financial Action Taskforce
April 2017, Bread for the World – Protestant Development Service
The Other Foundation has commissioned studies of ten countries in southern Africa.
Poster on GPP’s research, presented at the 21st International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2016).
Authors: Matthew Hart, Global Philanthropy Project and Ben Francisco Maulbeck, Funders for LGBTQ Issues
Published in the Civicus 2016 State of Civil Society Report, June 2016.
The International Center for Not-for-Profit Law, Global Trends in NGO Law, Volume 7, Issue 2 (May 2016).
Report available in English and French
Published by Human Rights Watch, July 2015.
Published by Ariadne – European Funders for Social Change and Human Rights, The International Human Rights Funders Group,
The European Foundation Centre. Visualisation by Foundation Center, 2015.
Published by Ariadne (the European Funders for Social Change and Human Rights), the International Human Rights Funders Group (IHRFG), and the European Foundation Centre (EFC), February 2016.
From Ariadne: European Funders for Social Change and Human Rights, January 2016.
A Community of Democracies project funded by Sweden, 2014
ILGA Europe, Charhon Consultants, January 2015