Job Summary – 40 hours a week (full time) with benefits
The Global Philanthropy Project (GPP) Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for the GPP Director and carries out project management, coordination, and administrative duties as assigned. Formally reporting to Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice’s (Astraea’s) Director of Programs based in New York, the GPP Program Associate works most closely with the GPP Director who oversees the substance of their work. The location of this staff person is open; GPP staff currently live in Paris and Philadelphia, and generally work remotely. This position has a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the GPP Director in executing the priorities and activities of the GPP work plan.
- Manage membership coordination including: tracking organizational representatives, membership renewal deadlines, working group and committee lists.
- Coordinate the scheduling and ongoing development of GPP internal meetings, recording and distributing meeting minutes, including tracking outcomes and next steps in project management software.
- Manage GPP’s internal member infrastructure including CRM database, member calendar, listserv, and intranet.
- Distribute communications for GPP webinars and convenings [RSVP lists, surveys, research primers, panelist details, etc].
- Act as rapporteur at other meetings of interest to GPP members.
- Monitor opportunities for GPP event sponsorship by members/partners.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of GPP activities.
- Manage regular GPP website updates.
- Utilize GPP Twitter account.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Work authorization in the United States is not required.
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Two to three years relevant work experience.
- High level of proficiency with computers and other technology. [We regularly use: Asana, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom/Skype/WhatsApp/Signal, WordPress, CiviCRM, Google Calendars, MailChimp, Acuity, Doodle.com, NextCloud]
- Knowledge of the global LGBTI social justice landscape.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic landscape a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to the work and values of the Astraea Foundation and the Global Philanthropy Project.
Who We Are
Global Philanthropy Project (GPP) is a collaboration of funders and philanthropic advisors working to expand global philanthropic support to advance the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) people in the Global South and East.
Established in 2009, GPP’s 18 member organizations include many of the leading global funders and philanthropic advisors for LGBTI rights. As the first international cohort of LGBTI funders, GPP is internationally recognized as the primary thought leader and go-to partner for donor coordination around global LGBTI work.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter, résumé, and references to email@example.com in .pdf or .doc/.docx format by close of business Friday, December 29th. No phone calls, please. Only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Astraea Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse (multi-gender, cross-class and multi-racial), collaborative and sustainable work environment.