The International Trans Fund (ITF) seeks a committed, collaborative and organized person to join our team as a Program Associate. The Program Associate is a full-time position that will support the day-to-day activities of the ITF team. This includes supporting ITF’s annual grantmaking cycle, providing logistical support for international meetings and other activities, and ensuring overall smooth operations of the team. The position is based in the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice office in New York City.
The ITF is an activist and funder-led initiative that aims to increase the capacity of trans movements globally to self-organize and advocate for trans people’s rights, self-determination, and wellbeing. The ITF works to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe. The ITF is hosted at Astraea.
- Support outreach to potential applicants during grantmaking cycles, including through webinars and social media in multiple languages.
- Conduct intake of grant applications, including data entry, file management and communication with applicants.
- Coordinate translation of applications, which are received in English, French, Spanish, Chinese and Russian.
- Provide initial screening of applications to determine eligibility for ITF support.
- Prepare materials for the ITF’s Grant Making Panel, a body of trans activists who make the funding decisions.
- Communicate with applicants, including responding to inquiries and sending grant notifications.
- Prepare award packages for grantee partners via the grants management database.
- Confirm payment details with grantee partners and work with the Astraea Senior Grants Manager and Fiscal Department to prepare, process, and track grants payments.
- Coordinate Grant Making Panel and Steering Committee Meetings, including handling logistics (travel, venues, lodging, catering, AV) and producing/organizing meeting materials.
- Support programmatic learning and pilot evaluation.
- Aid with budget tracking.
- Respond to general organizational queries.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director and Program Officer.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum two years of programmatic experience in trans, LGBTQI, feminist, human rights and/or social justice movements.
- Commitment to and knowledge of issues facing global trans movements.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines while maintaining consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record in developing creative solutions.
- High level of proficiency with computers, databases and other technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a supportive team player.
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Intermediate to expert level experience is computer applications like MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), emails, and must be internet/web savvy.
- This position is based in Astraea’s NY office with an immediate start date, US work authorization is required. ITF is not able to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
- Trans people are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants born or who originate from a global south country are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to Apply
Please send resume/CV, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org in .pdf, doc, or .docx format by January 15, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
The ITF is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, collaborative and sustainable work environment. For more information visit www.transfund.org.