New: Global Acceptance Index (GAI) reports
Developed by the Williams Institute (UCLA) for the LGBTI Global Development Partnership
- Polarized Progress: Social Acceptance of LGBT People in 141 Countries
- Examining the Relationship Between Social Acceptance of LGBT People and Legal Inclusion of Sexual Minorities
- Links Between Economic Development and New Measures of LGBT Inclusion
The reports provide three new global measures of LGBT acceptance and inclusion and examine the correlations between the economic, legal, and social impact of LGBT inclusion on countries worldwide.
The three new measures:
- The LGBT Global Acceptance Index is the first to incorporate survey data about LGBT acceptance into a single score for acceptance across different time points and countries.
- The Legal Count Index is a new tally of LGBT-supportive laws in countries around the world that uses seven policies related to homosexuality, from decriminalization to constitutional provision prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- The Legal Environment Index is the first index to measure the level of legal inclusiveness each year in each country on a scale from no inclusion to fullest inclusion.