Post-Global LBQ Conference Grantmakers Webinar
Wednesday, July 24th at 10am EDT/ 4 pm CEST / 5 pm EAT/
Join Global Philanthropy Project, Philanthropy Advancing Women’s Human Rights, and Prospera for a grantmaker webinar to discuss the Global LBQ Conference in South Africa. Discuss the conference’s main themes, key opportunities for investments and other observations and reflections from those who attended. This call will open up and contribute to a larger discussion about our role as grantmakers in mobilizing and supporting resources for LBQ movements and movement leaders.
Speakers will be announced shortly.
- LBQ Movement Highlights (Astraea and Mama Cash)
- GPP Resource Page on Lesbian, Bisexual, Queer Women Grantmaking Resources
- 2015-2016 Global Resources Report: Philanthropic and Government Support for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex Communities (GPP and Funders for LGBTQ Issues, April 2018)
- Rights Eroded: A Briefing on the Effects of Closing Space on Women Human Rights Defenders (Urgent Action Fund, International Human Rights Law Clinic University of California, Berkeley, School of Law; December 2017)
- The State of Intersex Organizing (2nd edition) and The State of Trans Organizing (2nd edition) (Astraea, AJWS, GATE; October 2017)
- Standing Firm: Women and Trans-Led Organisations Respond to Closing Space for Civil Society. (Mama Cash and Urgent Action Fund, July 2017)
- We are Real: The Growing Movement Advancing the Rights of Intersex People (Astraea Foundation, 2016)
In Our Bones: Stories of Women Defending Land, Community, Human Rights, and The Environment in Indonesia and the Philippines. (Urgent Action Fund, January 2016)