GPP Program Associate, Events and Member Engagement
23 August 2023
Global Philanthropy Project
The GPP Program Associate carries out project coordination and communication tasks to facilitate the organization’s member activities. The ideal candidate is highly dedicated and resourceful, can work well independently and collaboratively, and is committed to contributing to global LGBTI liberation. This position reports to the Senior Officer for Programs, Events, and Member Engagement. This position is 100% remote and will require up to 30% travel. This position has a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
About Global Philanthropy Project
Global Philanthropy Project (GPP) is a collaboration of funders and philanthropic advisors working to expand global philanthropic support to advance the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) people in the Global South and East.
Established in 2009, GPP’s 22 member organizations include many of the leading global funders and philanthropic advisors for LGBTI rights. As the first international cohort of LGBTI funders, GPP is internationally recognized as the primary thought leader and go-to partner for donor coordination around global LGBTI work.
More information: https://globalphilanthropyproject.org/
Essential Job Functions
Program Support–75% of the role
- Schedule and (sometimes) participate in internal meetings to develop and maintain knowledge of team and program objectives and work progress.
- Collaborate with the Senior Officer for Programs, Events, and Member Engagement to coordinate and execute GPP virtual programming–webinars, convenings, task forces, and other events.
- Support taskforce meetings by managing Zoom meetings, presenting the PowerPoint, taking meeting minutes, and supporting facilitators as needed.
- Participate in strategic and programmatic planning discussions and create document drafts for review/approval.
- Assist Operations Manager with member communications for annual monitoring and evaluation program.
- Coordinate the ongoing evaluation of programmatic outcomes through survey tools and anecdote tracking.
- Coordinate logistics of in-person meetings and events: coordinate staff travel, research venue locations, and serve as the point of contact for securing venues and vendors.
- Coordinate logistics for the biennial GPP staff retreat with the Operations Manager and Senior Officer for Programs, Events, and Member Engagement.
- Respond to member requests/needs as related to GPP programming, including information, meeting logistics, and technologies.
- Support other organization activities and events as needed, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Participate in the development of internal communications and standard operating procedures.
Communications Support–25% of the role
- Support the development of communications to members and external audiences through drafting language for newsletters, listserv emails, and digital media communications.
- Manage GPP’s internal member infrastructure including CRM database, member calendar, listservs, and member portal.
- Assist with regular GPP website updates: update and archive events, posts, and research as needed.
- Manage GPP’s social media posts to share research, webinars, and other publications.
- Collaborate with the Senior Officer of Knowledge and Learning to post on Twitter and track post outreach and analytics.
- Support the design of flyers, logos, and short reports.
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- One to two years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert with the following technology platforms: Google Workspace, Zoom, Asana, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva.
- Advanced with CRM platforms (preferably CiviCRM).
- Knowledge of the global LGBTI social justice landscape.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic landscape.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Ability to work asynchronously with global staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to the work and values of the Global Philanthropy Project.
This position reports to the Senior Officer for Programs, Events, and Member Engagement.
Hours + Compensation
This is a full-time, exempt position with a 35-hour work week. This role is 100% remote.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $70,000 USD. Benefits include fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums, retirement options, and paid time off.
LGBTQIA+, gender non-conforming people, women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
How to apply
To apply please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references to email@example.com by September 25, 2023, COB EST. Position will start on November 1, 2023.
If you have any questions about the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.