Member of the Credit Committee - Central Europe Diversity Fund (Impact Investments)
About Central Europe Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Fund (“CEF”)
NESsT in partnership with Dreilinden is launching a fund dedicated to supporting job creation for underserved individuals in Central Europe. The fund will provide mezzanine financing to high-impact enterprises dedicated to facilitating the employment and career prospects of underserved groups from the LGBTQIA* communities and other people facing multi-marginalisation. Geographically, CEF will focus on Poland and Romania. Opportunities in other countries in Central and Eastern Europe will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Credit Committee Position
CEF is recruiting two members of the credit committee based in Poland or Romania to join the Credit Committee, whose responsibilities include:
- Establishing lending guidelines for approval by the Boards of NESsT and Dreilinden
- Reviewing and approving of loans
- Approving lending rates and fees on individual loans
- Monitoring loan portfolio performance
- Reviewing operational procedures and processes including how to best manage potential default of loans
- Providing input on impact assessment by investment team
- Reviewing performance of investment team
- Working with NESsT staff to prepare annual investor reports for approval by Dreilinden
We are looking to fill the two positions with candidates living in Poland and/or Romania. It is paramount to us to have the lived experience of underserved groups represented in the Credit Committee, hence we prioritise first hand knowledge and expertise of the local context. We highly value strong intersectional analysis, deep insights into the communities we look to amplify and identification with the mission of CEF. Specific investment expertise is desirable, but not required. The positions will be compensated with a stipend commensurate with the time commitment.
Applicants should demonstrate the following experience:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Deep knowledge and lived experience of underserved groups in Poland and/or Romania
- Passion to effect systemic change through entrepreneurship and impact investing approaches
Requirements of the position:
- Participate in monthly Credit Committee meetings (online)
- Review meeting packets, which may include loan applications, policies, portfolio reports, and other materials necessary to the operations of CEF
- Credit Committee members are elected for one-year terms, renewable once
Candidates interested in this position should send a Cover Letter and CV to:
Stefan Bollier email@example.com
Application deadline: 30 September 2021. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
NESsT invests in enterprises supporting job creation in emerging economies. Since 1997, NESsT has invested in 200 enterprises that have impacted the lives of 700,000 individuals. The organization operates in Central Europe from offices in Poland and Romania, and also has offices in the U.S., Latin America, and the United Kingdom.
Dreilinden is a Hamburg-based foundation dedicated to advancing societal acceptance of gender and sexual diversity. Founded in 2007, Dreilinden has been at the forefront of supporting sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and sex characteristics with grants and investments.