GPP Donor Pre-Conference at ILGA Asia
November 28-29, 2022
New World Saigon Hotel
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
DONOR PRE-CONFERENCE DETAILS
Global Philanthropy Project’s Donor Pre-Conference (DPC) at ILGA Asia convenes key public and private grantmakers, donor governments, corporate funders, high net wealth individuals, and other partners. Together, we will develop strategies, share insight and invent new ways to work together and respond to crises and opportunities in the Asia and Pacific region. This pre-conference will foster a shared understanding of the needs of the field and identify and encourage opportunities for alignment, collaboration, and learning within the LGBTI donor community.
Submit a session proposal by September 15th.
Proposed DPC goals:
- Humanitarian Assistance inclusion for LGBTI communities.
- Faith, culture, and LGBTIQ+ Inclusion
- Mainstreaming the Human Rights of LGBTIQ+ People throughout the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Negotiating philanthropic assistance in Closing and Closed Spaces
- Expanding the philanthropic response to “anti-gender” ideologies
Attendees will gather for a full-day convening on November 29th.
On the evening of November 28th, we will be hosting a donor dinner and reception to be confirmed.
GENERAL ILGA ASIA CONFERENCE DETAILS
- ILGA Asia Conference Registration Link: All registrations must be made through this online form.
- General Conference Info website
- Registration is open!
Five Thematic Focus Themes for ILGA Asia Conference 2022
- LGBTIQ+ People in Crisis and Conflict: Stories of Survival and Resilience
- Faith, culture, and LGBTIQ+ Inclusion: Reclaiming Spaces and Narratives
- Influencing Laws and Policies: National, Regional, and International Advocacy for Legal Equality and Justice
- Solidarity, Alliance, and Network Building: Establishing Inroads with Human Rights Movements across Asia
- Leaving No One Behind: Mainstreaming the Human Rights of LGBTIQ+ People throughout the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development